Sunday, March 21, 2010

where to begin?

I'm sure I'm not the first virgin blogger to have this dilemma...brainstormed my blog name, selected my cute background, have colors and font set, but what am I going to say?? I couldn't already have brainfreeze could I?

Nevermind, I'll press on. A friend of mine, Robin, has been encouraging me to start a blog for awhile now. As one of my dearest friends, who also conveniently works just down the hall from me, she regularly gets to hear my thoughts about life, love, guys, misadventures in dating and the single world in general. So she is either serious about how interesting all of this would be to others or she is ready for me to unload my observations, wonderings, fears and sarcasm on the cyber-crowd so she can get back to work.

So today I'm coming down off the high of having a week off for Spring Break. Yes, tomorrow it is back to elementary school reality for ten more weeks. That may make me sound like I don't love my job, but I absolutely do. I am a school counselor at an incredible school where I'm lucky enough to work with dedicated teachers, administrators, kids and parents - but the time away always help refuel my pep. 

I've had a great Spring Break by staying home the entire week for the first time in several years. I love to travel and am always looking for my next trip but it was really nice being home. I kicked the week off with celebrating St.Patrick's Day at the annual Greenville Ave. Parade and Street Party - that was my major debauchery for the month, no doubt. I continued the week by lunching with friends, going to boot camp almost every day, seeing 3 movies (Shutter Island, Green Zone, & The Runaways), shopping, reading, planting spring flowers (and praying for their survival 2 freezing days later), and enjoying my backyard deck in sunshine and snow.

The educator crowd is lucky in having a little pause in realworld doings this time of year to enjoy spring. Good luck to everyone heading back to work next week and to everyone who didn't have the fortune of having a spring break, I advise a personal mental health day to get outdoors very soon!

1 comment:

  1. welcome! looks great and i look forward to reading more. (please don't let your new blog dissuade you from visiting the library and sharing...)

    ReplyDelete