Saturday, June 19, 2010

It's Seriously Already Time for Another Wedding Shower??

Today I'm on my way to possibly my 999th wedding shower. I truly love that friends and family care so much about each other to honor our loved ones at such important points in life. But if you are a single girl, over thirty and in particular, if the shower is for a bride who is younger, I think you should get a  free pass on shower obligations. I've got the card, got the gift, but Lord, please don't make me play a shower game today. You may judge me as unkind or selfish, but I'm just saying - single girl 30+ pass.

In my last post earlier this week, I mentioned two words that are even more daunting than wedding shower - set-up date. Soooooo, I had the set-up and those are not such scary words at all any more. Really good first date and second date two nights later! Yes, this time the leap of faith for love did not end in weird racist comments, cheap tipping, or any siblings attending the date with us. We will see what happens on date tres this weekend. That is some progress people!

1 comment:

  1. i agree with you, but can the married girls 30+ get a pass too??
    and woohoo on the dates :)

    ReplyDelete