Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Two of the Scariest Words to a Single - Set.Up.

I have another set-up in my path this week, more specifically this evening, in about an hour. It all started innocently enough with an email from a casual friend, who wrote straight to the point - "Are you seeing anyone? I have a guy I want you to meet." Turns out she had already talked to him about it and even shown him my photo and he was interested. The description she gave me of him sounds overall really good.
She works with him and doesn't have a photo for me, but for some reason that isn't causing me to freak out too bad. It is nice to see a photo before but in truth, it is the in-person chemistry that matters way more than a headshot.
I have only been on one other completely blind date and that boy's last name was Nuermi and he brought his brother and sister along on our date. Seriously. That was my first set-up ever and frankly I'm a little surprised that I ever agreed to another one, but indeed I have. Since I've been in Dallas I've had several good-intentioned but very misguided set-ups. Yet I keep coming back for more. Somehow, I continue to feel a little pleased when someone wants to set me up; and then a little stomach knot of uncertainty. This latest one seems promising to me. Who knows why - but I'm wearing my lucky horseshoe necklace tonight just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment